Henley Reid are working with one of Australia’s most iconic and highly regarded technology healthcare businesses in their search for a Legal Counsel.
SYDNEY / COMMERCIAL / PERMANENT
Sitting in a legal team of 3, this is a unique opportunity for a commercial lawyer to work for a values-led organisation, providing commercial legal advice across the business, assisting with growth initiatives and the rollout of digital healthcare products across Australia. You will be working closely with the General Counsel in advising the group.
The successful applicant will work as part of a highly regarded in-house legal team, drafting/negotiating, and advising on a range of commercial contracts, covering (but not limited to), IT/IP, procurement (goods/services), and privacy, as well as getting involved in risk and compliance matters for the business.
For the successful applicant, this role will provide you with the opportunity to develop your in-house acumen your technical skills by getting exposure into new areas of commercial law. This is a great opportunity for someone looking for their first move in-house, or an in-house lawyer looking to broaden their experience and learn from an experienced leadership team.
· At least 3-5 years post admission experience within a law firm or in house legal environment;
· Demonstrated commercial law experience, or a background in corporate law;
· Strong drafting and negotiation skills;
· Willingness to get involved with broad work, dealing with various technology/commercial advisory matters for the business;
· Willingness to work for a values-led organisation;
· Ability to provide commercial legal advice to non-legal stakeholders;
· Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple stake holders;